When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!

When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!
Weathering the Storm!!!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring is HERE, what better than to try new recipes!!



Okay, I totally didn't realize how much I had missed the warm weather until spring arrived!! And even though I live in a state where sunshine isn't lacking during the winter months, it is still a breath of fresh air to feel warm breezes on my face.  Definitely a huge boost to my mood, and my motivation for getting things done is on the rise! Time to put away the furry fleece pajamas, and dig out the shorts and t-shirts! 

I spent the last several days cooking things for my family which I haven't cooked before at home.  And much to my delight along with theirs, most all of them have turned out better than expected! So after request from the Facebook friends and family, I will post the three recent recipes I am in love with, and happy cooking my friends!!

Layered Ratatouille
http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2010/08/layered-ratatouille.html
It was awesome!  If you have kids eating it, go easy on the pepper and red pepper so it won't be too spicy for your little's.  It is a great way to get veggies into your family, and it looks so pretty, who wouldn't want to eat it!!  Click on the link under the picture to the left get the recipe!










Cucumber Margarita

Second is the Cucumber Margarita I modified from a recipe I found on the internet.  The following makes one serving, so just adjust the ingredients according to how many you would like to make. 
2 1/2 oz. Tequilla (silver or 100% agave tequilla)
1 oz. light agave nectar
1 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
2 oz Cucumber juice (or juice of choice)
place all ingredients in a stainless steel shaker with ice and serve in a salt rimmed glass of your choice.  I used a martini glass I painted in the picture. 

For the cucumber juice: Place the chopped cucumber in a blender (or I used my Ninja small single serving attachment) and smash the pieces down into the pitcher. Blend on high until liquefied, about 30 seconds. (You may need to stop the blender and smash the cucumber pieces down more to get the blade spinning again.) Then, set a fine-mesh strainer over a 2-cup measuring cup and pour the liquefied cucumber through the strainer. Using a rubber spatula, press on the solids to extract as much juice as possible.  You can also use this same technique to make other kinds of juice such as strawberry, raspberry, blueberry...you get the point. 

Bacon and Spinach Quiche
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/spinach-and-bacon-quiche-recipe.html
This last one is just a bonus recipe for Bacon and Spinach Quiche, and it was amazing!! We told my picky little boy it was bacon pie, and he ate it like a champ! This one is a recipe by Paula Dean and it honestly was better than the quiche I have had in restaurants! YES, honest, so if you need to take a breakfast or brunch dish to something, take this and you will be BOSS of the whole shebang!! Click on link under the picture to the left to get this holy wow recipe!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment