When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!

When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!
Weathering the Storm!!!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Are you still that girl or boy?

I don't know about you, but when I was a girl I thought I was going to change the world.  I wasn't sure how, or with what for that matter, but I was going to make a difference.  Then life has a way of sucking all of that positive energy and ambition right out of you like a powerful vacuum.  Things happen, life happens, bad things happen which we don't understand or deserve, and all of the sudden we just feel blah, and life takes the wind out of our sails.  When we are young and innocent life seems so exciting, and then we  become adults and we change :( Does it really have to be that way?

I have recently realized the answer is no, but it is merely a conscientious choice to still strive to not just be, but be all you can be; and what a different those two are in life.  It is easy to just be...live a life of complacency, a life of just going through the motions each day.  But what if, just what if we lived as an adult with the mentality we had as a kid to be so much more, to make a difference by not letting the hardship of life taint our spirit of tenacity?  After all, as the song above states, we are still that girl or boy deep down inside.  We just allowed life to steer us off track.  Instead of living a life of wishing, wanting, desiring more...why not do all you can to make your dreams and aspirations come true?  Will it take a little research, work, and persistence?  You bet ya it will! But won't it be worth it? You already know it!!! And keep in mind everyone's dreams and desires could be the same or completely different.  Don't impose your dreams onto someone else, and in turn they shouldn't try to change yours.  I believe we are all born for a distinct purpose, in a specific time and place, and we live life feeling unfulfilled because we simply settle.  Thus we feel incomplete, insignificant, and defeated while life marches on.  I don't know about you, but I want to have no regrets as I breathe my last breath.  I want to feel like I fulfilled my purpose, made my mark as I was destined to do, and well to be honest, wasn't lazy or too scared to try!  Does this mean I will succeed?  Not necessarily, but at least I will be able to say I tried.  And at that point, I will be able to smile and just move on knowing I didn't just settle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment