When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!

When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!
Weathering the Storm!!!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

The unexpected gift :)

There often comes a time when we have people enter our lives quite unexpected, but it is clearly by a higher design.  When you know in your heart and soul that it was not by accident at all, but rather a God incident.  I had the privilege of such an instance during my hectic and completely crazy move.  Even though it was only a move next door, both homes needed a good thorough cleaning (spring cleaning before spring).  It is always much easier to clean a house when there isn't anything in it.  So, before I moved into my new home and to help out my tired and pregnant neighbor, so she didn't have to worry with it; I had the house professionally cleaned.  I also scheduled the cleaning service to clean the old house once we had everything out and into the new house.  The company I used came highly recommended by my other neighbor, which gave me comfort in knowing the job would be completed properly.  What I did not expect is the company to consist of an amazing woman, along with her very helpful older children.  They were quite a team, and worked on my difficult and crazy schedule, which included a Thursday night (late) and a Sunday afternoon.  They did a fantastic job of cleaning both houses, and went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied.  There was no rushing the job just to get paid, but pure commitment to a job well done.  But this was just part of the gift, there is more.

The daughter is a beautiful sixteen year old with creamy velvet skin and long dark hair.  And sweet, oh my, sweet as honey straight from the bee's hive!!! My Luke is totally in love with her and cried when she had to leave. But it seems she has a few physical challenges going on which is causing her to struggle with such simple things as washing her own hair.  She has a cyst or something (Doctors can't seem to figure out what is wrong) on her spine and it often causes terrible headaches.  She has had test after test, with little in the way of a diagnosis, much less a cure. I have been compelled to pray for her, over her, and post this blog to help she and her family out.  Her medical bills are, I'm sure, beginning to pile up as it seems the insurance just doesn't pay much for all we pay them each month.  This is the crux of my gift, I am asking everyone to please pray for her specifically that the doctors will figure out what is wrong, so it can be addressed. Pray for total healing that only the Father can provide. Secondly, that her Mom's business would flourish beyond any expectations.  And thirdly, she would be shown favor when the medical bills came in and most of it would be taken care of financially. And if you would join me in praying for these things listed above for the Ferrell Family, or consider using the top notch A & A Cleaning Services in Raleigh, NC area by calling Joanna Ferrell at (919) 812-0117, you can help me with the unexpected gift.

Yes, the gift was not mine to receive, but rather to give.  I did get two very clean houses, but even better was the ability to pray for and hopefully help a very sweet family and an angel of a daughter.  Life is often about not just who we come in contact with, but more importantly what we do with that encounter, thus how we can make a difference!  I love having the opportunity and ability to help others, and I can't imagine coming to know and befriend this family and not doing my part to help them!  Please lift Alyssa up in prayer, and also be a giver of the unexpected gift.  I am sure you will be like me and enjoy the smile as you move on about your day knowing you gave a gift to an unsuspecting precious girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment