When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!

When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!
Weathering the Storm!!!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December in Shorts and T-shirts???

I am just finding it hard to get into the Christmas spirit and listen to my beloved Christmas music when it's 75 degrees outside, and we are running around in shorts and t-shirts.  And I realize if you are from parts of the country, or the world for that matter, which stay warm all year long, this may not be a big deal to you.  But I am from Kentucky where it does get cold, and my husband is from Canada where it definitely gets cold...and this is just kind of weird.  Of course, there are always those fluke days of warmth that pop up now and again in late fall and early winter, but it sure isn't helping me get into the swing of the holiday season.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I am just not feelin' it all of the sudden.  Maybe I got it all taken care of a bit too early this year.  And wow, I didn't ever dream that being ahead of things could possibly have any negative effects...not that I am versed on being ahead of anything at any time :) I suppose it could be all of the stress we are under trying to buy a house, get financing, my starting a new job, and all the other stress of the holiday season.  Oh, and how could I forget, the stress of my son closing all four fingers into the van door today.  I nearly ripped the door of the van trying to get it open as he stood there screaming with his hand caught.  It is safe to say, it scared the daylights out of us both, and put a damper on our planned low key at home day :(  He bruised them pretty good, and didn't want to use them for a while, but seems okay now.  Seriously, it is always something, EH?  I just want to have my house perfectly clean, my sheets without cookie crumbs or popcorn kernels in them, and bake home made bread or Christmas cookies, HA!  Not gonna happen this week unless my fairy godmother shows up, and she certainly is welcome at anytime.  But I won't be holding my breath, and instead will just look past the mess, press on with what needs to be accomplished for house negotiation, and all the other "stuff" that is on the front burner, smile and just move on. And if it is going to be warm, then I would just as soon be on an island with my feet in the sand, moving on down the beach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment