When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!

When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!
Weathering the Storm!!!

Friday, October 12, 2012

And the Fight for the Oval Office Continues...


Republican vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin answers a question.

Well, it is safe to say last night was at the very least entertaining...and although I already have my mind set on who I will vote for, I thought I would share a few bits and pieces I pulled from the debate based on observations, not my bias.

First of all, I felt Joe Biden debated much better than I anticipated, but needed to come across more controlled, less defensive, and more serious.  He seemed to laugh at some of the answers Paul Ryan gave, as if they were completely outlandish, which I thought to come across rude and unprofessional. I felt he stood his ground well, made solid points based on their political parties platform, and seemed knowledgeably on topics in general.

Secondly, I thought Paul Ryan presented himself as he usually does, was consistent calm and confident; however a bit taken aback by how Biden was acting.  Paul Ryan did articulate his words well, appeared compassionate toward the issues, and less defensive although he was being pressed very hard.  He basically debated as I expected he would, stood firm on what he believes, and how things must change in his opinion in order to save America from itself.

Thirdly, I felt the moderator did not do a very good job as she almost didn't seem to have control of things as she should have.  I almost felt like I was watching a hockey game which was getting more physical by the second, and the referees didn't do what they were supposed to do in order to maintain control of the game.  She allowed Biden to interrupt which is a big no no when debating, and to be honest, Biden should have shown restraint and waited his turn.  I also felt she didn't just state questions and then let them answer in a normal debate format.  She would even interrupt them to ask another probing question, and often times pressed Ryan, and yielded to Biden as if she was scared he might stand up and thump her if she stopped him.  Whether it was intentional or not, I do not feel the proper format of debating was followed, and the recklessness of the debate was felt by those watching it. Would have been interesting to see how things would have went had there been a different moderator.

And lastly, I knew as I watched that there would be no true clear winner of the debate as in the first debate between Obama and Romney.  They both performed quite well, both had very different styles in which they conducted themselves, and I suspect Biden felt he had to come out of the corner swinging to make up ground from the debate a week ago.  So, on we go to the next presidential debate next week, and only time will tell as to how that will all play out.  One thing is for sure, we are certainly not going to be bored no matter which side you are on.  All we can do is smile and just move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment