When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!

When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!
Weathering the Storm!!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nanny Julie on the job :)

In an effort to help my family financially, and to help my friend and neighbor who has went back to a full time job...I am now officially Nanny Julie.  However, it is a job I feel quite comfortable with and I feel the kids do as well.  I just get to be Mommy to my own kids, and add three extra in for after school care and during track out.  And just in case you aren't from around here in Wake County, NC; we have year round schools here and the students go to school for  forty five days and then have fifteen days off (or three weeks).  As you might imagine, this can be tough on a family in which both parents are working full time.  Hiring a high school student to nanny during the summer when they are also out of school won't work here.  So we have collaboratively come up with a job for me that brings in a little income, and helps out in childcare for my neighbor.

It is a much better solution than sending them all to different after school programs, as each of these three children are in different schools.  The end result is all of their children are in one location for end of day pick up, and I can take their daughter to dance on time.  This makes for a less stressed set of parents since they know their kids are well cared for, homework complete, snack eaten, and the rest of the night can be family time.  It would be what I would want for my children if I were to go back to work full time.  And as I see it, an all around win/win situation allowing me to say home with my kids, but contribute to the family finances at the same time.  It has been a good second day as an official nanny, so off to take my own daughter to dance.  I am gonna smile and just move on... into a relaxing evening that is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment