When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!

When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!
Weathering the Storm!!!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh Sandy...you evil storm you!

This video is a funny take on an old song, "Sandy" from Grease sung by John Travolta, and choreographed with images of the hurricane Sandy media followings over the last week.


Oh Sandy, you evil hurricane wrecking lives on this yucky Monday...and OMG you are even making a mess of the early voting (something I had never heard made such a big deal of until this election)!  Sandy, you certainly have made yourself known, no Stock Market open today, Subway closed in NYC, and getting a flight on the east coast is quite the joke.  I kind of wish I was going to be making it to the snow hills of West Virginia for a little early skiing on the slopes.  Sounds like this hurricane/winter storm meet up is really stirring up quite a hoo haa...I even got a text this morning from my sister-in-law in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada; and they are going to be getting this hurricane mess too.  And from what I have seen, it will reach as far in as Chicago, what a great way to start the week before election week.

And now, heaven forbid, the candidates are having to cancel some of their campaigning stops during the final push, OH NO!!! As if we haven't heard enough about and from both sides...maybe we should thank Sandy for giving the media something else to drone on and on about.  I am grateful my family and I are out of the path of Sandy, and my prayer is everyone will heed the warnings given to move to higher ground, evacuate, and prepare for long term power outages and flooding, as Sandy pokes along at a snails pace.

I live only two hours from Wilmington, NC and Wrightsville Beach; however we have had very little in the way of wind and rain.  I feel very fortunate to have escaped the wrath of big wide massive Sandy; and I will be praying over the next week for friends, family, and everyone else in Sandy's way as she makes a real mess of millions of lives, their property, their businesses, and wiping out a countless number of kids Halloween experiences this year.  Already purchased costumes my never be worn, which may sound trivial, but not in the minds of those kids missing out on free candy :(  I suppose it is a just move on kind of day, because I don't feel like doing too much smiling since so many are in harms way.

No comments:

Post a Comment