When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!

When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!
Weathering the Storm!!!

Monday, October 22, 2012

The 411 on the Brazillian Blowout Keratin Treatment

If many of you are like me, the idea of wash and wear hair is not such a good idea.  My hair is just curly/wavy enough to create a birds nest if I don't blow it dry and use a big curling iron or straightener.  I try to use curly hair gels or mousse to quickly create the volume full curly look, but my curls go which ever way they want and it often is not the way I would prefer.  Then of course, once I have the gel or mousse in it, there is no turning back and I am destined for haystack or scarecrow hair as I fondly refer to it :/  And I have so graciously given my daughter Lily the same hair. The kind that goes all squirrelly even if you have taken the time to dry and straighten it.  Lets put it this way, it would not be a good move for us to live in Seattle or London, as we would need to wear a baseball cap all the time to go out in public.  But I have since found a product that the celebrities use to create and keep their hair smooth and under control, even on those rainy humid days.  It is called the Brazillian Blowout Keratin Treatment, but after finding this wonderful treatment to finally control our crazy hair...I saw the price and almost choked.  That is when my search for a do it yourself treatment began.

After looking online, which is my favorite place to shop by the way; I found a product on Amazon that had great reviews, was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but would supply multiple treatments for both Lily and I.  I decided to go for it, and it was so worth it!!! The salon price can range from $250.00 to upward of $500.00 for one treatment, and I got the whole bottle of solution for $200.00.  What I realized is, although the solution is pricey, it is the time taken to perform this long process.  It takes about 3 hours to complete all the steps required, but well worth it.  And you will need someone to help, unless you are an expert in straightening your hair from the root out in the back.  My neighbor helped me straighten the back, and you have to run the hair through the flat iron 4 to 5 times per small section.  Which by the way is the last stage of this lengthy process.  Washing with clarifying shampoo is first, then comes the free blow drying, followed by the application of the solution in small sections with a color application brush (or I used this huge toothbrush),  blow drying it straight with a flat or round brush, then the flat iron. All said, it was worth the effort, and should last about 3 months.  So, here is my before and after pictures...OK so the first is a little exaggerated, but the final product is so worth it!!! And whether you go to the salon, or do it yourself, you will not be sorry :)  I am so smiling and moving on after this little hair smoothing process!


No comments:

Post a Comment