When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!

When life gets harder, we have to get tougher!
Weathering the Storm!!!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

There could never be a more beautiful YOU!!!

I recently was introduced to a singer who has Christian lyrics and sounds like a country star!  Well, needless to say, that for me is the match made in heaven.  He was a guest worship leader at our church a few weeks back as he is friends with some of the other worship leaders.  I had never heard of him, and although I saw they had a little table out front selling CD's and such, I didn't know I was about to hear my new favorite artist!  He sang a song that morning that struck a chord with me, and it has become mine and Lily's fav.  I will attach a YouTube video that is officially from Jonny Diaz for you to watch and listen.  I can't imagine how any one single person alive hasn't felt conscientious of their weight, hair, skin, clothes, and a whole host of other physical attributes at some point or other.  I admittedly still struggle with self-image myself, and I'm 40 years old for goodness sake!

Unfortunately we live in a society where perfect is difficult to achieve, and we compare ourselves to those in magazines who are airbrushed, manipulated, and photo-shopped.  And we wonder why our younger generations are filled with eating disorders, boys and girls. It makes me want to cry thinking of the pressure now, and I still vividly remember how tough the pressure was when I was young.  Or what the pressure, for that matter, still is for a 40 yr old Momma who drives a minivan, needs a tummy tuck, and varicose vein work :(  What have we become that how God made us isn't good enough?  And if you have legitimate complaints about your figure, then go for a walk, eat a salad, and make healthier choices. You owe it to yourself to be the best you that you can possibly be.  Make the effort to create a healthy lifestyle, but don't change who you are because of social pressure.  God made you perfect, and well...He doesn't make mistakes, it simply isn't possible!!!

So here is my advice for the two cents it is worth. When thoughts of comparing yourself to magazine covers, or your neighbor who is 1/2 your age and runs 50 miles a week; watch this video, listen to the words, then SMILE and just move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment